When you first create your avatar, you can take a selfie and we’ll generate an avatar for you!
Q: How do I use the selfie to create an avatar?
A: After you fill out your new account credentials, select a default avatar that looks most like you. Then, follow these steps.
- Tap ‘Continue’ when you’re prompted to start with a selfie
- Allow Bitmoji to access your camera (so you can take a selfie!)
- Center your face in the circle in good lighting
- Select an avatar that looks like you. If you don't like any of them, you can always change your Bitmoji’s features after
Q: How do I change my selfie in the Avatar Designer?
A: Simply tap on the camera icon to take a new selfie 📸 If you prefer not to show your face, you can direct the camera at your environment instead.
Q: How do I adjust the selfie to use as reference for my Bitmoji?
A: Tap on either your selfie photo or your Bitmoji to expand or minimize the view. There are three different states you can select to make the selfie work for you.
- Mini selfie: The default selfie state with your mini selfie in the corner. This state lets you focus on your avatar’s detailed features
- Side-by-side: Tap on the mini selfie to expand it into the same size as your avatar–great for comparing your likeness!
- Full selfie: Tap on the selfie again to maximize it. Your avatar will be in a small circle in the corner. Checking to see if you got your nose right?